Dir/Sr Dir, Med Science Liaison, Neuro (DG)
Job Location: US Field Based
Date Posted: 2020-09-10
Director/Sr. Director, Medical Science Liaison, Neurology
Salary: Director up to 260k base, 25% bonus, 30k LTI, Sr. Director up to 290k base, 35k LTI, 25% bonus
The Director, Medical Science Liaisons is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of the Medical Science Liaison function, including direct management of the Associate Directors of MSLs. The Director oversees strategic and tactical planning working collaboratively with Commercial Operations, Clinical Development and Medical Affairs. The Director works regularly with key customers to expand professional relationships and represents the company at the highest level with key customer interfaces.
1. Provide leadership for the MSL function, as well as for Medical Affairs broadly by participating on cross-functional teams, leading to strategic planning and working collaboratively with Commercial Operations, including Sales, Marketing and Medical Affairs.
2. Ensure operational excellence of the MSL function, including corporate aligned objectives/tactics, cross-functional medical support, advocacy development of opinion leaders and facilitating clinical research to meet strategic development needs.
3. Development and general oversight management of the Annual Operating Plan for the Medical Science Liaison function.
4. Responsible for all aspects of developing individuals, which includes training, career evaluation, coaching, mentoring, and performance management. Participates in the talent review process.
5. Ensure compliance with regulatory and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures and standard operating procedures.
6. Present critical medical and scientific information and to positively influence external customers, including but not limited to medical thought leaders, academic institutions and key medical payer customers.
7. Oversight of efforts for recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding new associates.
8. Extensive travel (approx. 60%), locally across the U.S. May include some international travel.
9. When necessary, travel overnight including within territory and to conferences, training and sales meetings.
Advanced scientific terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD). Minimum of 12 years industry experience with minimum of 6 years in a Neuroscience related therapeutic area in the pharmaceutical industry overseeing a medical liaison team. Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required. Strong personal integrity and customer focus are necessary. Ability to maintain morale of field based personnel, at a distance, as well as good interaction with office based medical affairs and PCU scientific staff. Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA, PhRMA and other international regulatory/ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, and to ensure compliance with these external, as well as internal, guidelines and standard operating procedures. Must be able to organize, prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment. Ability to interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms for the collection, review and dissemination of medical information. Ability to safely and successfully operate a motor vehicle is required.
Please contact Darren Gutowski at email@example.com
Recruiter LinkedIn Page